The best GPS tracker for car can be helpful if you are planning for a road trip or hiking in recent future. It will help you to keep in contact with family, from anywhere. GPS tracker can track your location, send messages to your family or also monitor if you need emergency medical treatment.
The best GPS tracker is not only for machines or cars, it can be for a human as well. To protect them from an emergency. It can help you to prevent from getting lost on an unknown road or location and help you to find your destination correctly. But before buying a GPS tracker for a car or yourself, you must have basic information about them.
What to consider
There are various types of GPS trackers for different purposes such as GPS trackers for camping and hacking, GPS trackers for cars, and also GPS watches. All these have different features and tracking performance, some have real-time tracking in the 30s, or other has the 60s. some have geofencing features that can you notify you whenever you enter or leave the safe area.
There is also some high-paid GPS service that can keep monitoring your GPS location and notify you about various unusual activities. And best GPS tracker for cars can be the best option.
List of 10 Best GPS Trackers for Car
|GPS Tracker for Vehicles Vyncs 4G LTE||Vyncs||Easily locate friends and family|
|MOTOsafety OBD GPS Car Tracker||MotoSafety||It has a driving and maintenance card|
|Spytec GPS GL300 GPS Tracker for Vehicles||Spy Tec||It provides accurate result|
|GPS Tracker – Optimus 2.0 – 4G LTE Tracking Device for Cars||Optimus||It has an awsome long battery of up to 2 weeks|
|Bouncie – GPS Car Tracker, Vehicle Location,||Bouncie||It has a crash detection feature|
|LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker – USA Manufactured||LandAirSea||It has a long battery life|
|Tracki 2021 Model Mini Real time GPS Tracker||Tracki||It comes with a lifetime warranty including lost or damaged|
|Invoxia Cellular GPS Tracker – Vehicle, Car, Motorcycle||Invoxia||It is a lightweight and compact design|
|Brickhouse Security Spark Nano 7 GPS Tracker with Magnetic Waterproof Case for Car||Brickhouse||It has a panic button option|
|Amcrest GPS GL300 GPS Tracker for Vehicles (4G LTE)||Amcrest||It updates the location after each 5s|
1. GPS Tracker for Vehicles Vyncs 4G LTE
The Vyncs 4G LTE is a real-time tracking device, which can work efficiently. It sends an update every 3minutes to the server. Besides, if you upgrade the service them it can send an update after 60/30/15. Unlimited map history is also available, whenever you need it.
It has multiple functionalities such as geofence technology, to guide you from start to stop location, safe and danger zone, maintenance, battery voltages, vehicle OBD diagnostic.
- Optimal 24/7 assistance for roadside
- 4G LTE device for fast internet support
- Have both iPhone and android supported mobile applications and web app
- First, no battery is needed
- Second, easily locate friends and family while they are outdoor
- and third no Monthly fee
- Yearly cost can be high
- It cannot detect emergencies and send notifications such as car accidents.
2. MOTOsafety OBD GPS Car Tracker
MOTO safety design best GPS tracker for car or vehicle and also for teenagers. GPS tracker can help the driver in finding the right location and guide you through the map. The tracker is also used by car services, delivery services, and taxi companies to keep updated with their service or location of the vehicle.
The device has special features for the safety of a family with a teenager’s security. Therefore, Parents can easily track down the location of their children. Law and instruction are enforced for secure deriving purposes.
- Service is available in the US, Canada, and MEXICO
- Geofence features are also available for custom boundary
- It has a Safety report card, which keeps you updated about maintenance issues
- It has real-time tracking features
- Customizable boundaries and alerts
- It has a driving and maintenance card
- First, It has a difficult application interface
- And second, difficult cancellation policy or procedure
3. Spytec GPS GL300 GPS Tracker for Vehicles
It has a small and compact design having a 2.11ounce weight. A green indicator alerts that you are receiver the GPS signal. Additionally, It has a sim card port to remove or change the sim card. It has a rechargeable battery for outside usage. And to make it waterproof, buy a case for it.
Due to its small size, it can be used for multiple services such as GPS trackers for cars, hacking, camping, or road trips. It can continuously monitor your location and sending you real-time location. It also sends you alerts if you are not in the safe zone, or cross the safe zone.
- Easiest and fast GPS tracking system
- Tracking app, which keeps you updated about your location, speed, distance, and more
- It used cloud-based service for quick response
- It provides accurate result
- It has excellent battery life for long usage.
- And available at relativity good price
- It cost you high monthly charges.
- No single app is present
- And a bare-bones mobile site.
4. GPS Tracker – Optimus 2.0 – 4G LTE Tracking Device for Cars
The Optimus provides the best GPS tracker for cars with various features and advanced technology. In fact, it can best option for the customers who are looking for multiple options in one device and at a reasonable price as well.
And provide you different other information such as real-time tracking, alerts, emails, messages with effective long battery. The company provides you with different subscription packages at a discount if you use them for a long time.
- It has a 24/7 real-time tracking device
- It has 10s report frequency
- Its functionality can easily monitor through easy to use mobile app.
- It has SOS buttons
- It has a relatively low cost per month
- And it has a decently long battery of up to 2 weeks
- It is not waterproof
- And geofencing features are not present.
5. Bouncie – GPS Car Tracker, Vehicle Location
Bouncie GPS tracker is specially designed best GPS tracker for cars of teenagers. It has multiple tracking features which keep updating the parent about driving habits and location as well. and it has excellent compatibilities with home devices such as Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and IFTTT.
It has a small and compact design, which can be very great for car tracking. In fact, it updated the server after every 15s which is better for the MOTOsafety tracking systems. It uses trip data to send data from devices to T-Mobile and 3G networks. In addition, it also has crash detection features which can alert your family & friends.
- First, It has real-time driving data gathering
- Second, It is compatible with different home devices
- and third, It can detect a crash and send messages to your family & friends
- First, It refreshes location after every 15s
- Second, It is easy to install with help of an installation guide
- and third, It has geofencing alters features.
- Notification can be delayed some time
- And does not have a rechargeable battery.
6. LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker – USA Manufactured
The LandAirSea best GPS tracker for cars, moving objects, or small systems. Because of its small size, it can be well hidden and not be found by every person. It can send data fast due to a 4G LTE internet connection to a server.
It has a PC, Mac, IOS, Android, and iPhone base application, which keeps you updated about the various activities of the GPS tracker. And has a rechargeable battery, once the battery is fully charged, it can work for two weeks continuously. This is the best GPS tracker as compared to the other available in the market.
- First, It is a personal GPS that can be used for people, assets, or vehicle
- second, It is waterproof and has an ultra-compact design
- and third, It has geofencing, tracking, alerts or mail, and history playback features.
- It has a long battery life
- It is weatherproof & waterproof
- And has strong magnetic power
- The GPS tracking plan can expensive for some peoples
- It does not have crash detection features.
7. Tracki 2021 Model Mini Real time GPS Tracker
The Tracki 2021 Model Mini covers the worldwide range and can track vehicles, pets, boats, motorcycles, and other assets. It comes with an international sim card and works through GPS satellite. And when it is working inside a home or building, it connects with a Wi-Fi device to connect with a database for determining location.
It is compact and small in size with little weight of 1.26 oz. and with a rechargeable battery, it has a long battery life of up to 75 days when real-time tracking is needed. If real-time tracking is enabling then, its battery life is 2 to 3 days.
- It provides worldwide GPS service
- It is compatible with Android, iOS, and all browsers.
- And can also connect with Wi-Fi devices when indoor
- It has a small & compact design
- It comes with a lifetime warranty including lost or damaged
- And it also strong magnet, belt clip & key chain
- Firstly, The package does not have a waterproof case
- And secondaly, the 3,500mAh battery
8. Invoxia Cellular GPS Tracker – Vehicle, Car, Motorcycle
If you are looking for the best GPS tracker for a car or that can tackle different situations then Invoxia Cellular GPS is your best option. These GPS trackers come in different designs & sizes, but here we are talking about a small elongated black aluminum case GPS tracker having just a weight of 30g.
It is not suitable for bad weather conditions. In fact has good rechargeable battery life. Its battery life can be extended from 4 to 7 days, depending upon its activity. In the USA it usually uses 4G LTE networks for sending information to a server.
- It can connect to any LTE networks
- It has special anti-theft features which can be helpful in an emergency.
- And also has geofencing features for safety.
- First, It is easy to carry & set up
- Second, it has a good battery life
- Third, It is a lightweight and compact design
- And four, you can easily create a safe or dangerous zone with geofencing
- It not waterproof
- No mobile application is available
- Alerts come late and sometimes does not come at all
9. Brickhouse Security Spark Nano 7 GPS Tracker with Waterproof Case
The Brickhouse security Spart Nano 7 GPS Tracker is the best GPS tracker for cars which required a fast connection because it uses 4G LTE. Due to its high connectivity, it can accurately measure the location and keep you updated as it moves along the path. And it’s specially built for car & moving assets.
It has a small and compact design, which can easily attach to bicycles, bags, or vehicles. And also has a strong magnet to attach to any metal surface. It updates the location after every 60s, and to be more specific on location, turn on the rapid track mood.
- First, It has a rapid track mood for fast & accurate device location.
- Second, It has a magnetic waterproof case for protection.
- and third, It works with superfast 4G LTE accuses the US, Canada & Mexico
- It has a geofencing mood with alerts
- It has a panic button option
- You can view tracking history through a web app.
- Battery life is not much good
- And it does not have crash detection mood
10. Amcrest GPS GL300 GPS Tracker for Vehicles (4G LTE)
This GPS tracker is for multiple purposes, you can use it as a vehicle tracker, tracking families & teenagers. It has a small, compact and sleek design, that’s why it can easily be fit in small places. Furthermore, You can attach it to cars, bags and to teenagers’ bicycles, to make sure about their location.
It can detect real-time location rapidly due to a 4G LTE fast connection. Which keeps you updated after 60/15/5 s depending upon the subscription package. You can view tracking activity & history through web applications & mobile applications for both iOS and Android.
- It has a great mobile application
- Monitory your location & share it with your family and friends
- It also has geofencing features for security & safety.
- It updates the location after each 5s.
- It provides you smart alerts such as geofencing alerts.
- And has a battery life of up to 10 to 14 days.
- The subscription packages are costly as compared to others.
- There are no features for emergencies or crash detection
What to look for when buying the best GPS Tracker for car
Portable GPS trackers can help you in hiking, camping, and long road trips. It can be attached to the car, moving assets, and bicycles as well. if you are worried about your children’s safety then attach it to their bags and car to keep track of their activity. So before buying a GPS tracker make sure of following features are present in it, relative to your preferences.
1. Real-time location tracking
Real-time tracking is the real purpose of any GPS tracker. But there are different types of trackers which only to pint the other tracker only if that allows you which enable to know the actual location of the other person. And some only allow updating the location after each predefined interval. Three different types of technologies can be implemented in the trackers such as
International use: it uses an international sim card, which can connect internet to upload the data to the server. Such sim can track down from anywhere in the globe.
Location update intervals: these are the types of trackers that keep updating the location after specific time intervals. The more frequently the location is updated the more accurate location tracking will be.
Multiple satellite systems: Such types of tackers can connect to multiple systems from around the globe, which provide you more accurate location in less time such as 5s to 15s.
So must read about the real-time tracking features.
2. Monitoring capabilities
Once you have the GPS tracking, now you must know, how to watch the tacking or activity of the GPS tracker. Different companies provide different mediums or technologies to view the tracking activity of the GPS. Every system should update their data to web application because that can reach from any internet-connected device.
Web application: The user can locate the position of the tracker using a web-based platform, it will show the real-time location of the GPS and its tracking history.
Mobile App: The mobile app is more convenient the web applications because it shows the map history, you can set the road path, it gives alerts and keep you updated continuously.
Geofence zones: These are the best features provided by the GPS, which can help the tracker to keep updated about the location. Particularly, parents can use this feature to keep an eye on their children and will get alerts whenever they leave & enter the fencing area.
Route history: the route history feature can keep a record of your all-past tracking history. Overall, It saves the route history to the cloud server and deletes it after some time. Users view its tracking history if it is available.
The GPS tracker in the US ranges from $50 to $250, depending upon the features, brand, international coverage, and types of services included. There are two different types of costs are including GPS price. It required software service and cellular data service, which is further required monthly subscription packages.
Tracker cost: it includes the entails and actual price of the tracker which is ranges from $50 to $150. And make sure about all the features for which you are buying the GPS tracker.
Subscription cost: The software fee and cellular service fee are also including in different subscription packages. Which can be monthly, quarterly, and yearly as well. it depends upon your requirement and usage. So, make sure about the services which are included in different packages for convenience.
Always choose the GPS tracker which is simple and easy to use. Because complicated functionality can irritate. The best GPS tracker for cars must have an SOS button for an emergency, crash detection features, good battery life with a minimum of 5 days, water-resistant and, weatherproof.
Panic button: A panic button can be very useful in emergencies, when you click the SOS button, it can send the location to predefined mobile numbers.
Battery life: Battery life of any GPS tracker must be minimum of 5 days because when you go hiking and camping, there is no outlet to charge.
Hardware quality: The GPS tracker must be of good quality, it should be durable, have a different button for quick changes, a charging port, and a secure case.
Water resistance: It should be waterproof because it should not be affected by water, poor weather conditions, and durable material. Also has a secure case and charging wire.
Ease of use: The GPS tracker should be easy to use, it should have minimum numbers of a button and light indicator for signal, battery analysis. The ideal tracker has 2 to 3 buttons and a simple initial setup.
5. Technical support
Some companies provide direct phone support and others through email & messages. GPS trackers are advanced devices and require basic tech knowledge, so make sure companies offer start-up assistance and guide you through installation for the first time.
Warranty: The warranty for a GPS tracker is a must, the companies should provide a warranty of up to 1 – 2 years. So, make sure before you buy a costly product that, the company is providing the full cash return in case of malfunctioning.
The best GPS tracker for cars is Amcrest GPS GL300 GPS Tracker, which can track the location accurately and rapidly, it updates the location every 5s. Therefore, this is great for a moving object. Car runs at high speed and fast-tracking is a must.
You can install the GPS tracker within the dash, OBDII Port, under the car, inside the seats, in the front bumper, wheel wells, rear bumpers, under the carpet, and many other small places if it is rechargeable. Altogether, A GPS tracker is a small device that can be hidden in small places.